Self Represented Resource Center (614) 525-7531

The SRRC is a free service provided by the Franklin County Court of Common Pleas Domestic and Juvenile Division in conjunction with Capital University.

We operate as a walk-in resource center and we help people on a first-come first-serve basis. We open for intake at 9:00am, Monday-Friday. Our attorneys work with individuals until 4:00pm; however, due to high demand, intake often closes prior to 4:00pm. Once intake closes, we are unable to assist additional people that day. If this occurs, we will put a sign on the door indicating that intake will open again the following business day at 9:00am. 

The SRRC is intended for those who do not have the financial resources to retain private counsel. If you have an attorney or can afford one, you may use our forms and computers, but we are not permitted to assist you with the preparation of any legal documents.

To qualify for our services you must have income no more that 250% above the Federal Poverty Guidelines to qualify.

We operate as a walk-in resource center and we help people on a first-come first-serve basis. When you come in you will be required to fill out a waiver and a financial disclosure form. We will then review these forms to decide if you qualify for our services.

What we do: We assist pro se litigants with the preparation of the documents that they are filing with the Domestic or Juvenile Courts. This includes complaints and motions for custody, complaints and answers for divorce, petitions for dissolution*, motions to modify child support, post decree motions and more.

*For us to be able to help with dissolutions or any agreed entries all parties must be present.

What we do not do: Give legal advice. We only answer questions about how to properly complete the paperwork. We do not provide any guidance to someone who has an attorney or can afford one. We do not help with discovery or subpoenas.

What to bring with you: Bring any prior Court order that you have in your possession, any evidence of paternity, any child support information (if applicable) and a valid state-issued photo ID.

Below are some documents which you might find helpful: